Ryan King, Ph.D.
The Graduate Programs of the Biology Department endeavor to provide an academic atmosphere in which graduate students and faculty can work together as a community of scholars. Through the free exchange of information, it is hoped that each student will broaden his/her intellectual perspectives, prepare for a productive vocation, and realize his/her potential as a scientist and as a responsible and informed member of society.
Before embarking on graduate-level study, it is essential that the student has an understanding of the basic concepts in biology. With such, he/she then can:
- Develop expertise in a specialized field of biology through independent study and research, supported by a well-planned program of cognate courses,
- Learn the methods employed in biological investigation and proceed toward making his/her own contribution to the scientific community, and
- Participate in the dissemination of the biological knowledge.
We emphasize the following degrees:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biology
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Arts in Biology - Health Concentration
Please review the our current
Graduate Student Handbook for the most up-to-date information about our programs.