Session 3 (Week 4, September 19) - Learning Beyond the Classroom
Introductory Writing Prompt: Baylor’s mission is to “educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community." What experiences would you like to have beyond Baylor’s campus that will equip you to more fully participate in this vision?
- The Double Helix: Building the DNA for a Great College Experience, Elizabeth Vardaman
- The Practice of Service and its Relevance to the Academic Life, Jon Singletary
Small Group Discussion Prompts:
- Do you see yourself as more of a leader or a servant? Are these necessarily contrasting?
- What gifts, strengths, or experiences do you want to shape your involvement at Baylor?
- What is the relationship between education and service?
- What interests could you bridge with your academic and professional goals to serve the community?
- Remind students to take MAP-Works.