Class Session #1
Connect to Baylor
Guiding Question: What does being a part of the Baylor community look like for me? What communities within Baylor will help me become a better person than I am today?
- Students will be able to give examples of the excitement and challenges experienced during their transition to college.
- Students will know their instructor's name and how to reach him or her.
- Students will identify three student organizations that they are interested in learning more about in preparation for Late Night.
- Chaplain - Involvement
- Chaplain - Liminal Space
- Rowatt, Wade - Generosity
- Shushok, Frank - Friendship
- Literary: Carolinne White, "Moving beyond Friendly to Friendship," Christian Reflection 27 (2008): 11-19; Hartley Coleridge, "Friendship"; Samuel Taylor Coleridge, 'Youth and Age"; Robert Burns, "John Anderson, My Jo"
Suggested In-Class Activities and Supplementary Materials
- Students come prepared to share your high and low of the week. What went well this week? What did not go so well?
- Freshman Survival Guide
- The Double Helix: Building the DNA for a Great College Experience
- Campus Involvement: Guided Questions and List of Organizations
Before the Next Meeting
- Students will attend Late Night.
- Students will connect with three organizations.