Engineering Admission Requirements for Freshmen
The School of Engineering and Computer Science offers three engineering majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and General Engineering. Students who wish to pursue engineering at Baylor must first meet minimum standardized test score requirements.
Applying for Fall 2015
- 1220 SAT (Math and Critical Reading)
- 27 ACT
- Submit an application for admission by the stated deadlines.
- Select a first and second choice major on the application.
- If admitted into the university, students with qualifying test scores will be sent notification of admission into the Pre-Engineering major.
- Students who do not initially qualify for their first choice major may continue to re-test until enrolling at Baylor. However, the qualifying scores must be processed by the Office of Admission Services before they can register for pre-engineering courses.
Please note: All entering freshman will be classified as Pre-Engineering majors. In order to progress to the Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and General Engineering majors, a student must earn a B or better in the introductory engineering courses EGR 1301 and EGR 1302. In addition, students will take two math courses during the first year. All math courses require a grade of C or better. Once these conditions are met, the academic advisor will facilitate the change of major process.
For more information, contact Ida Jamshidi at Ida_Jamshidi@baylor.edu.