State Authorizations & Licenses

Baylor University has been approved by the State of Texas to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. 

This agreement allows students from 49 participating states to file complaints with the State of Texas where Baylor is based, rather than their own state of residence. More information may be found here.  

The only state that does not participate in SARA is California

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas Colorado
Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Georgia Hawaii
Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maine Maryland
Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana
Nebraska New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York
Nevada North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma
Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota
Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia
Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming  

Professional Licensure

If you are considering an academic program that leads to a professional license in your state, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in your home state, before beginning the academic program located outside of your state.
It is the student's responsibility to contact the appropriate licensing board in his/her home state to confirm whether our program, at Baylor, will meet the requirements for licensure in that state.

Criminal History and Occupational License Notice   

If you are applying for admission to a program that may prepare you for an occupational license and/or if you later decide to change to such a program, Texas law requires that Baylor notify you of your potential ineligibility to obtain a license due to prior criminal convictions.  Additional information can be found in Baylor’s Undergraduate Admission page here or the Texas.Gov site here.

Relocating or moving to another state during a professional licensure program may impact whether you can remain in the program, meet the state licensure requirements, and/or continue to receive financial aid funding. Additional information can be found here or by calling The Office of Professional Education at 254-710-8367.