Carr P. Collins Scholarship
Baylor will award 11 scholarships for the 2015-2016 year to incoming freshmen who demonstrate leadership through service. Recipients are awarded a minimum of $4,850 their freshman year, renewable for three additional years. For consideration, applicants must:
- be unconditionally admitted to the University
- be in the top quarter of their graduating class
- have a minimum score of 1250 on the SAT or 28 on the ACT
- have completed a balanced college preparatory program including history, science and a foreign language
- be a bona fide resident of the state of Texas
You may access the 2015-2016 application at Carr P. Collins. In addition to the application, you will need to submit either separately or together:
- A resume of your high school honors, awards, achievements and extracurricular activities
- A handwritten essay of no more than 500 words illustrating your concept of leadership and how your community service experiences have impacted your life
- A specific nomination for the Carr P. Collins Scholars Program from a teacher or principal that includes a brief explanation of why you deserve the scholarship
The application deadline is January 31.
Collins Scholars must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average, satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, and continued dedication to leadership and service. Recipients must participate in a program of civic or community service approved by Baylor University for one semester during each year they are a designated Collins Scholar. In addition, they must attend special seminars designed for the program, and an annual dinner held in their honor. Finally, Collins Scholars must maintain a relationship with Baylor and the Carr P. Collins Scholars Program to mentor future scholarship recipients and illustrate the program’s positive results.