goBAYLOR will guide you through the admissions process one step at a time, from submitting your application all the way through housing decisions, signing up for Orientation and more.
To get started and access the online application, create your goBAYLOR account.
Key Dates - International Freshmen Applicants
Early Action: November 1 (non-binding)
Regular Admission: February 1
We strongly encourage International Freshman students to apply by the November 1 deadline so we have sufficient time to receive documents and process your application file.
Key Dates - International Transfer & Post-Baccalaureate Applicants
Spring Admissions: December 1
Fall Admissions: June 1
Regardless of which application form you use when applying, you must create a goBAYLOR account to track your application status.
Additional steps might be required based on your individual circumstances. Check your goBAYLOR account for more details on these items. The key documents required of all applicants are:
- Certified documentation of all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended
- All secondary school, college or university transcripts or marks sheets should document all course work completed
- All course titles, and the marks earned in those courses, should be reflected
- Although we prefer original documents, photocopies are acceptable as long as they are certified copies that is, signed and stamped by a school or government official. Other photocopies, as well as scanned/e-mailed or faxed documents, will NOT be accepted.
- If using outside credential evaluators, we are only able to accept documents from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), World Education Services (WES) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- If you are submitting a transcript in a language other than English, please also provide an official translation of the document.
- Certified documentation of exit examination scores or leaving certificate (required for International Freshmen & Transfer students only)
- This refers to final secondary school examination or certificate (GCE, WAEC, Cambridge Exam, etc.), leaving certificate, or diploma. If you are not sure about which exam is required for you, consult your Admissions Counselor.
- If you have not yet taken your examination, your admission may be contingent upon our receipt of your exam results.
- Although we prefer original documents, photocopies are acceptable as long as they are official copies ’ that is, signed and stamped by a school or government official. Other photocopies, as well as scanned/emailed or faxed documents, will NOT be accepted.
- Official SAT 1 and/or ACT scores (required for International Freshmen only)
- Documentation of English Proficiency - Baylor will accept any one of the following:
- An official transcript (mark sheet) showing the completion of one year of full-time study at a school located in the United States
- An official statement of completion from one full year of full-time study at a school where English is the official language of instruction
- An official SAT 1 Critical Reading score of 480, or new SAT reading score of 26, or ACT English score of 20
- An official IELTS score of 6.0
- For IELTS test information, visit www.ielts.org
- An official TOEFL score of 540 (on the paper-based test) or 76 (on the internet-based test).
- For TOEFL test information, visit www.ets.org
- An official PTE score of 51. www.pearsonpte.com
NOTE: Test scores must be transmitted to Baylor directly from the testing agency. We will not accept copies of your student score report.
Obtaining a U.S. Student Visa
Once you have been accepted to Baylor and paid your enrollment deposit, your goBAYLOR account will give you details for submitting the paperwork needed to obtain a U.S. student visa.
Download our official admissions policy document.