Applying as an International
We are delighted that you are ready to apply to Baylor. It's a simple, hassle-free process when you use goBAYLOR, our unique admissions portal.
GoBAYLOR will guide you through the admissions process one step at a time — from submitting your application all the way through housing decisions, signing up for Orientation and more. It's all free, and it's the easiest way to go from prospective student to new Baylor Bear!
To get started and access the online application, create your personal profile at goBAYLOR
If you need help with some of our terminology, please consult our International Student Glossary.
Key Dates for International Freshmen Applicants
Early Action: November 1 (non-binding)
Regular Admission: February 1
NOTE: We strongly encourage International Freshman students to apply by the November 1 deadline so that we have sufficient time to receive documents, process your application and make an admission decision.
Key Dates for International Transfer and Post-Baccalaureate Applicants
Spring Admissions: December 1
Fall Admissions: June 15
To review a general overview of the Admissions process, download our timeline.
Regardless of which application form you use when applying, you must create a goBAYLOR account to track your application status.
Additional steps might be required based on your individual circumstances. Check your goBAYLOR account for more details on these items. The key documents required of all applicants are:
- Certified documentation of all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended
- All secondary school, college or university transcripts or marks sheets should document all course work completed
- All course titles, and the marks earned in those courses, should be reflected
- Although we prefer original documents, photocopies are acceptable as long as they are certified copies ’ that is, signed and stamped by a school or government official. Other photocopies, as well as scanned/e-mailed or faxed documents, will NOT be accepted.
- If using outside credential evaluators, we are only able to accept documents from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), World Education Services (WES) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- If you are submitting a transcript in a language other than English, please also provide an official translation of the document.
- Certified documentation of exit examination scores or leaving certificate (required for International Freshmen & Transfer students only)
- This refers to final secondary school examination or certificate (GCE, WAEC, Cambridge Exam, etc.), leaving certificate, or diploma. If you are not sure about which exam is required for you, consult your Admissions Counselor.
- If you have not yet taken your examination, your admission may be contingent upon our receipt of your exam results.
- Although we prefer original documents, photocopies are acceptable as long as they are official copies ’ that is, signed and stamped by a school or government official. Other photocopies, as well as scanned/e-mailed or faxed documents, will NOT be accepted.
- Official SAT 1 and/or ACT scores (required for International Freshmen only)
- Documentation of English Proficiency - Baylor will accept any one of the following:
Required materials for obtaining a U.S. Student Visa (after being accepted):
Download our official admissions policy document.