Applying as a Freshman
We are delighted that you are ready to apply to Baylor. It's a simple, hassle-free process when you use goBAYLOR, our unique admissions portal.
GoBAYLOR will guide you through the admissions process one step at a time � from submitting your application all the way through housing decisions, signing up for Orientation and more. It's all free, and it's the easiest way to go from prospective student to new Baylor Bear!
To get started and access the online application, create your personal profile at goBAYLOR.
Early Action: November 1
Single Choice Early Action: November 1
Regular Admission: February 1
Learn more about the different application deadlines.
To review a general overview of the Admissions process, download our timeline.
Regardless of which application form you use when applying, you must create a goBAYLOR account to track your application status.
Additional steps might be required based on your individual circumstances. Check your goBAYLOR account for more details on these items. Key documents should be postmarked by the application deadline. See our Key Documents Chart. The key documents required of all applicants are:
- Official high school transcript
- An official transcript includes the school's official seal or the signature of a school administrator and is either sent directly from the school or submitted in an envelope sealed by the school. Electronic copies are only official if they are sent from a secure source (i.e. Docufide). Copies and faxes are not accepted.
- Must show grades received through the end of the junior year as well as a class rank. If your school does not rank, please submit a school profile or letter from a school administrator indicating that your school does not rank.
- Plan to graduate early? You must send official documentation from the school informing the Baylor Admissions Office of your intention.
- Please let your guidance counselor know that we accept electronic transcripts through TRex (for Texas schools only), Docufide and Naviance. Electronic transcripts are processed faster - in 3-5 days versus 2-3 weeks for paper transcripts.
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores with the essay portion completed
- All test scores should be sent to Baylor Admissions directly from the testing agency. Test scores must be received by Baylor Admissions by the application deadline. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks for delivery when you request scores to be sent to Baylor after you've registered or taken the exam.
- Baylor's ACT code is 4062. The SAT code is 6032.
- Recommended optional items
- These can help enhance your file by demonstrating an understanding of Baylor's mission. They include a resume, letters of recommendation and short answer responses and can be submitted through your goBAYLOR account after you have submitted the application.
- Please note: Single Choice Early Action applicants are required to submit the short answer responses.
Download our official admissions policy document.