Discover Baylor's rich history.
Mission: The mission of Baylor University is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.
Motto: Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana (For Church, For Texas)
Enrollment At a Glance
- 16,232 total enrollment (13,859 undergraduate) from every state and more than 80 foreign countries
- Freshmen: 3,625
- Median SAT score range of entering freshmen: 1140-1310 (Math and Critical Reading only)
- Median ACT score range of entering freshmen: 24-30
- 75 percent of entering freshmen were in the top 25 percent of their graduating class (those who attend schools that rank)
- 90 percent of Baylor undergraduate students receive some form of financial assistance
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 15:1
- Average Undergraduate Class Size: 27
At Baylor, we seek to provide students with the opportunity to interact and dialogue with individuals from different backgrounds and with diverse experiences. By creating this "dialogue of difference" in our residential communities, organizations, activities and classrooms, we hope to prepare our students for meaningful engagement in a global society.
35.5% of freshmen entering in Fall 2014 are from an underrepresented minority population.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Baylor #71 on their annual review of college and universities. Check out our latest awards, recognition and rankings
Baylor alumni have served in the military, politics, business, entertainment, science and more. See who some of our most Prominent Bears