When working in Baylor responsive websites, some content should be handled differently than in a non-responsive website.
- Callout Boxes
- Use the style "Plain CSS" when creating a callout box.
- A specific style has been created for a website which will be displayed when the "Plain CSS" style is chosen.
- The width of the callout box cannot be changed with the "Plain CSS" style.
- If you would like rotating images on your site, ask you web consultant to set up a "message center". Do not use the "Rotating Crossfade" or the "Random Image" using the image gallery.
- Do not use the photo gallery display option.
- You may add a collection of documents in a callout box by choosing the display type of "Callout Box" and then choose "Plain CSS" as the style.
- Tables are generally not responsive, so try to add your content without using a table.
- If the content must be in a table, contact your consultant for assistance.
- Font and heading sizes have been set specifically for a website in a stylesheet, so the font size or style should not be set in html on the page.
- Your web consultant has set up a style guide page in your site so that it is easy to choose the right size and style. If a style guide page is not set up, please check with your web consultant.
- Forms that have been created for non-responsive sites will still work in a responsive site, but they may have a different look than they did before being moved into a responsive site.