Next Steps After Acceptance
Print this and check off your list! goBAYLOR has all the details but this is a great starting point.
YOU'RE ACCEPTED! Now what?
- File the FAFSA and CSS Profile (required for need-based aid).
- October 1 – Applications become available during your senior year
- November 1 – Priority Deadline for Early Decision and Early Action
- February 1 – Priority Deadline for Regular Decision
- Even if the priority deadline has passed, it's still important to file these if you want need-based aid.
- Review your financial aid package in your BearWeb account
- If interested, apply to the special programs and majors like the Honors College, Business Fellows, Science Research Fellows.
- College Transcript/dual credit evaluation – If you have already earned college hours, request your current transcript to be sent for evaluation. Spring grades can be sent at a later date.
YOU'VE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT! Now what?
It's official: you're a Baylor Bear and your spot is secure. These next steps are crucial to get you enrolled.
- Make sure you’ve done all the checklist items in the Accepted section above
- Enroll with Baylor’s DUO 2-Factor Authentication platform (required on your student phone)
- Submit your Housing Application.
- Sign-up for Orientation in goBAYLOR – Form opens on March 20
- By June 7 at 5:00 p.m. CST: Sign up for orientation sessions 1-10 or apply to do alternate advising.
- By June 14 at 5:00 p.m. CST: If approved for alternate advising, you must select your appointment by this date. If denied alternate advising, you must select your orientation sessions 1-10 by this date. If you do not have an appointment scheduled by this date, you will incur a $300 late registration fee.
- Required before registering for classes:
- Submit your Health Form
- Submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (allow 1-2 weeks for processing)
- Submit your Final High School Transcript - Request a final transcript to be sent to Undergraduate Admissions with graduation date included.
- Submit the New Student Advising Questionnaire (available in goBAYLOR)
- College Transcript/Dual Credit work
- Testing requirements for: Math ALEKS, Chemistry ALEKS, and/or English language (check goBAYLOR to see if this is required of you)
- Sign-up for Line Camp (optional, but highly recommended) – Form opens on March 20
- Review your financial options at baylor.edu/sfs
- Submit all official test scores by May 1
- Prepare for Move-In Day at baylor.edu/move2bu
- By July 31 – Pay your first semester bill.