Next Steps After Acceptance
Print this and check off your list! goBAYLOR has all the details but this is a great starting point.
YOU'RE ACCEPTED! Now what?
- File the FAFSA and CSS Profile (required for need-based aid).
- October 1 – Applications become available during your senior year
- November 1 – Priority date for freshman Early Decision and Early Action
- February 1 – Priority date for freshman Regular Decision and summer/fall transfers
- If you miss this priority date, please submit the applications as soon as possible and you will be reviewed for eligibility on any funds that are available.
- If interested, apply to the special programs and majors like the Honors College, Business Fellows, Science Research Fellows.
- College Transcript/dual credit evaluation – If you have already earned college hours, request your current transcript to be sent for evaluation. Spring grades can be sent at a later date.
- Remember: If you're an Early Decision applicant, you must withdraw from other colleges per your signed Early Decision Agreement.
YOU'VE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT! Now what?
It's official: you're a Baylor Bear and your spot is secure. These next steps are crucial to get you enrolled.
- ASAP: Make sure you’ve done all the checklist items in the Accepted section above.
- ASAP: Enroll with Baylor’s DUO 2-Factor Authentication platform (required on your student phone).
- ASAP: Check your Baylor email at outlook.office.com using your BearID (example: First_Last2@baylor.edu) to log in. You can also set up your Baylor email to go to your mobile devices.
- ASAP: Submit your proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (allow 1-2 weeks for processing).
- ASAP: Review your financial options at baylor.edu/sfs.
- February 5 and later: Submit your Housing Application (cannot do this until you've satisfied your BMV requirement).
- April 1 and later: Sign-up for Orientation (required) and sign-up for Line Camp (optional, but highly recommended).
- Required before registering for classes at Orientation in June/July:
- Submit your Health Form
- Submit the New Student Advising Questionnaire (available in goBAYLOR)
- College Transcript/Dual Credit work
- Testing requirements for: Math ALEKS, Chemistry ALEKS, and/or English language (check goBAYLOR to see if this is required of you)
- By May 1: Submit all official test scores.
- May-August: Submit your Final High School Transcript - Request a final transcript to be sent to Undergraduate Admissions with graduation date included.
- May-August: Prepare for Move-In Day at baylor.edu/move2bu.
- By July 31: Pay your first semester bill.