Next Steps After Acceptance
Print this and check off your list! goBAYLOR has all the details but this is a great starting point.
YOU'RE ACCEPTED! Now what?
- File the FAFSA and CSS Profile (required for need-based aid).
- October 1 – Applications become available during your senior year
- November 1 – Priority date for freshman Early Decision and Early Action
- February 1 – Priority date for freshman and transfer Regular Decision
- If you miss this priority date, please submit the applications as soon as possible and you will be reviewed for eligibility on any funds that are available.
- Review your financial aid package in your BearWeb account
- If interested, apply to the special programs and majors like the Honors College, Business Fellows, Science Research Fellows.
- College Transcript/dual credit evaluation – If you have already earned college hours, request your current transcript to be sent for evaluation. Spring grades can be sent at a later date.
YOU'VE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT! Now what?
It's official: you're a Baylor Bear and your spot is secure. These next steps are crucial to get you enrolled.
- ASAP: Make sure you’ve done all the checklist items in the Accepted section above
- ASAP: Enroll with Baylor’s DUO 2-Factor Authentication platform (required on your student phone)
- ASAP: Submit your proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (allow 1-2 weeks for processing)
- February 5 and later: Submit your Housing Application (cannot do this until you've satisfied your BMV requirement)
- TBD: Sign-up for Orientation
- By June 7 at 5:00 p.m. CST: Sign up for a June orientation session or apply to do alternate advising.
- By June 14 at 5:00 p.m. CST: If approved for alternate advising, you must select your appointment by this date. If denied alternate advising, you must select a June orientation session by this date.
- Required before registering for classes at Orientation:
- Submit your Health Form
- Submit your Final High School Transcript - Request a final transcript to be sent to Undergraduate Admissions with graduation date included.
- Submit the New Student Advising Questionnaire (available in goBAYLOR)
- College Transcript/Dual Credit work
- Testing requirements for: Math ALEKS, Chemistry ALEKS, and/or English language (check goBAYLOR to see if this is required of you)
- TBD: Sign-up for Line Camp (optional, but highly recommended)
- ASAP: Review your financial options at baylor.edu/sfs
- By May 1: Submit all official test scores
- June & July: Prepare for Move-In Day at baylor.edu/move2bu
- By July 31: Pay your first semester bill.