Parents of Applicants
Now that your son or daughter has submitted their application for undergraduate admissions, there are a few more items they'll need to submit before we can evaluate their application. This list provides details about the process so that you are aware of what your student is working on to complete their application and so you can encourage them along the way.
1. Application Deadlines and Options
To better assist your student, you should know which application your student submitted and be aware of our deadlines. We accept Baylor's online application through the goBAYLOR account as well as the ApplyTexas and Common applications. Our two admissions deadlines are November 1 and February 1. To learn more about the different application types and deadlines, visit our explanation of the different applications
2. Key Documents
Regardless of which application form your student used when applying, they must create a goBAYLOR account to track their application status. If they submitted Baylor's online application, then they've already created a goBAYLOR account, but if they submitted the ApplyTexas or Common Application they'll need to create an account. The following are the items required of all applicants, but additional items might be required from your student based on their individual circumstances, which is why the goBAYLOR account is so important. Key documents must be postmarked by the application deadline. See our Key Documents Chart
as well as our freshman admissions website
for further details concerning these required items. The key documents required of all applicants are:
- An official high school transcript with a class size and rank for applicable schools
- Official ACT or SAT scores
- Essay: Students are required to submit an essay between 250-650 words as part of their application. If applying via the Baylor Online Application, the essay will be available in goBAYLOR. If applying via the Common Application or ApplyTexas, the essay will be part of the application. We've put together a few tips to help students write the essay, so be sure to check those out here.
3. Recommended Items
In addition to the required key documents students may choose to submit a number of recommended items via their goBAYLOR account. They will not be able to access these items until they have submitted the online application. The recommended items include:
- Resume | ZeeMee: Students will be able to upload a resume to their application. This will allow your student to share their extra-curricular activities and accomplishments so we can get to know them better.
- Letters of Recommendation: Students will be able to give us the names and email addresses of two recommenders and we will send them an electronic recommendation form to submit on your student's behalf. If your student already has letters of recommendation that have been written, they can submit those electronically or by mail instead of using the electronic form.
- Short Answer Response: Students can answer a short answer prompt found on their goBAYLOR account. The response we ask for really is short - only about 450 words. The question we ask is: What are you looking for in a university, why do you want to attend Baylor, and how do you see yourself contributing to the Baylor community? (please note: Early Decision applicants are required to submit the short answer response).
4. Your Student's Admissions Counselor
At Baylor, our admissions counselors are divided into geographic territories. We have an admissions counselor specifically assigned to your student's school. To find out who your student's admissions counselor is, visit our Meet Your Counselor
webpage. You can email your student's admissions counselor or contact them by phone at (254) 710-3435 with any questions.
5. Visit Campus
If you and your student have not had a chance to visit campus, we would love to host you. For a list of upcoming campus visit opportunities visit baylor.edu/visit