CHOOSE YOUR APPLICATION DEADLINE
International Freshmen Applicants
- Early Action (non-binding; receive a decision by January 15)
- Single Choice Early Action (non-binding; for students who rank Baylor as their first choice institution; receive a decision by December 1)
- Regular admission for Spring 2018 term
- Regular Admission (non-binding; receive a decision by April 10)
encourage International Freshman students to apply by the November 1 deadline so we have sufficient time to receive documents and process your application file.
International Transfer & Post-Baccalaureate Applicants
Spring Admissions: December 1
Fall Admissions: June 1
CHOOSE YOUR APPLICATION METHOD
Regardless of your application choice, you must create a goBAYLOR account to track your application status. This is where we will communicate what is needed to complete your application file and additional enrollment steps for accepted students.
Your goBAYLOR account will show you exactly what items we have received and what is needed to complete your file by the deadline.
- Official High School Transcripts
- Transcripts or mark sheets must include: years of enrollment, course titles and all marks earned for each course for 6 semesters. If your school education system only has three years of secondary school, please have the previous year submitted as well.
- Transcripts should be submitted in the original language and accompanied by an official literal English translation.
- Although original documents are preferred, certified photocopies are acceptable when a signature and the stamp from the school or government official is included. Copies received through fax, email, or submitted by the student in an unsealed envelope will NOT be accepted.
- Applicants from schools with external exams or leaving certificates should have their exams or certificates submitted to Baylor directly from the testing agency (IGCSE, GCE, WAEC, CBSE, IB, etc.). If you are unsure about which exam is required for your education system, see our Required Secondary Credentials by Country page.
- If you have not yet taken your examination, your admission may be contingent upon our receipt of your exam results.
- If using outside credential evaluators, Baylor will only accept Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). If you choose to use one of these services, Baylor still requires submission of all transcripts to be submitted as well.
- Submission of Documentation
Electronic copies are only official if sent from TRex (for Texas schools), Parchment, Naviance, or through the Common App.
Mailed documents should be sent to:
One Bear Place #97056
Waco, TX 76798-7056
- Official SAT/ACT Scores
Non-U.S. citizens attending a secondary school outside of the U.S. are not required to submit standardized test scores for admission to Baylor; however some majors will require the submission of the SAT or ACT for admission into their specific academic program. Students who opt to not submit standardized test scores will not be eligible for merit-based scholarships, and they may be selected for additional review.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
To meet this requirement, submit one of the following items directly from the testing agency. Copies are not accepted.
- Official transcript (mark sheet) showing the completion of one year of full-time study at a school located in the United States
- Official statement of completion from one full year of full-time study at a school where English is the official language of instruction
- Official SAT 1 Critical Reading score of 470 (old SAT) OR new SAT reading score of 26
- ACT English score of 20
- Official IELTS score of 6.0
- Official TOEFL score of 540 (on the paper-based test) or 76 (on the internet-based test).
- Official PTE score of 51.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
Non-U.S. citizens attending a secondary school outside of the U.S. are required to submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE as part of a complete application file.
If you are seeking need-based financial assistance as an international student, you must fill out a CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to apply for aid. Baylor will not consider your application until you have satisfied this requirement. If you do not need financial assistance and want this requirement waived, call (254) 710-3435 to discuss with your admissions counselor.