Baylor2 Law School Program
Each year, Baylor Law School selects six highly-talented freshmen to join the Baylor2
Law School Program. This program guarantees admission into Baylor Law School provided students meet certain academic criteria. Selection into the program carries with it a $10,000 scholarship per academic year toward a Baylor undergraduate degree and at least $21,000 scholarship per academic year (3 quarters) toward a Baylor Law School degree.
Interested students are invited to apply for the program. Finalists are selected to attend a Baylor2 Interview Day to compete for a spot in the program.
Friday, January 23, 2015 (application period closed)
Who Should Apply
Law School Program is designed for students with an interest in attending law school who have scored 1300 or above on the SAT (math and critical reading) or a 30 or above on the ACT. Scores may be superscored.
Additionally, selected students must meet these requirements for admission to Baylor Law School:
- Maintain 3.6 cumulative GPA in Baylor undergraduate courses
- Score at least 162 on the LSAT exam
- Matriculate to Baylor Law School within 6 years of matriculating at Baylor University
- Meet general admission and character and fitness requirements for law school admission
- Contribute to the Pre-Law community while enrolled as an undergraduate student in a manner which will be outlined upon matriculation to Baylor University
Requirements for Consideration
Students interested in applying for the Baylor2
Law School Program should follow these steps:
- Submit a completed application for admission to Baylor University by November 1 and select "pre-law" as your desired pre-professional track. Your goBAYLOR account will show you what is needed to complete your application file. Please note: You must complete your file by the November 1 deadline to qualify for the Interview Day. **This requirement has been amended: Submit your Baylor application by the November 1 deadline. You must have applied to Baylor but your application file does not have to be complete by the November 1 deadline.
- Submit the Baylor2 Law School Program application by December 8 at 9:00 a.m. CST.
- Email your resume as an attachment to email@example.com. Make the subject line "Law." Be sure to save the file with your name.
- Email responses to the following essay questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make the subject line "Law." Be sure to save the file with your name. Please limit your responses to 500 words each.
- Why are you interested in attending Baylor University and Baylor Law School?
- Discuss why you are interested in a career in the legal profession.
You can expect to be on campus from about 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. In addition to your interview, you will:
- Tour Baylor Law School
- Attend a panel discussion with current Pre-Law and Baylor Law students
- Learn more about financial aid
- Eat lunch with current students and faculty
How You'll Be Notified
A committee of representatives from Baylor Pre-Law and Baylor Law School will select finalists for the program. These candidates will be invited to Baylor2
Interview Day on January 23, 2015. If selected to interview, you will be asked to complete a registration form by December 19. Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive a formal confirmation email on December 22.
Deadlines & Important Dates
|Baylor Application for Admission Deadline
|Baylor2 Law School Program Application Deadline||December 8 (9:00 a.m. CST)
|Decision Emails Sent
|Formal Confirmation Email Sent