In December, the Admissions office will notify students via email who meet the criteria. These students will be invited to attend an interview day at Baylor on Friday, January 31, 2014, and will be provided with additional application instructions. The selection committee will make final notifications by March 15.
1. What are the character and fitness requirements?
The Baylor Law School application will include a list of questions that allows the admissions committee to learn about the criminal and moral history of an applicant and thus enables the committee to evaluate the applicant's character and the applicant's fitness to practice law. These questions are in line with what the state bar will ask when the applicant engages in the licensing process.
2. Can the Baylor2 Law School Scholarship be combined with other scholarships from Baylor University?
The Baylor2 Law School scholarship is stackable with other university scholarships but cannot exceed the total cost of tuition, fee, room and board.
3. What if I do not meet the Law School admission requirements?
Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
4. Is it possible to be invited to apply if I do not meet the minimum score requirements on SAT or ACT?
Students must meet the minimum score requirements to be invited to attend the event. However, the minimum score is a total combined score (superscore) so you can continue to improve your scores until invitations are mailed.
5. Do I have to attend the entire event to qualify for the scholarship?
No. The only mandatory activity is the interview portion of the day, although most students do stay for the entire event.
6. Am I required to come to campus for the interview?
Yes. All students who meet the requirements to interview and would like to be considered for the Baylor2 Law School Program must come to Waco to interview. Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
7. What are the interviewers looking for?
You will be asked about your interest in the field of law. Be prepared to talk about the items listed on your resume and the reasons why you would be a good fit for the Baylor2 Law School Program. We are looking for students who are able to communicate effectively and have a passion for law. We are also looking for students who have had applicable internship opportunities.
8. What should I wear?
We recommend business attire.
9. Who will be conducting the interviews?
Applicants will have a one-on-one interview with a Baylor University faculty or staff member.
10. Can I attend the Interview Day and Invitation to Excellence?
Yes. These are two separate events and students will finish the Interview Day in time to attend Invitation to Excellence. However, students must have been invited and already registered for Invitation to Excellence in order to attend this event.
11. Can you tell me more about the scholarship?
Students in the program will receive $10,000 per academic year in tuition scholarship for each undergraduate year for up to 4 years provided they maintain a 3.6 GPA.
While working on the law degree, students can select one of two paths to earn a Law School Scholarship (renewable with a 2.75 cumulative GPA):