Electronic Form W-2 -- Online on Bearweb
Baylor University is required by the IRS to furnish all employees with a Form W-2 for each calendar year to be used in completing the employees' annual tax returns. The Form W-2 details the employee's compensation and tax withholding amounts for the year. In the past, employees have received paper copies of their Form W-2.
Baylor University employees may choose to receive their W-2 statements online through the Bearweb system. Please read this entire Notice and provide your consent to receive all future W-2 statements only in electronic format.
Benefits of Receiving Form W-2 Electronically
There are multiple benefits to receiving an electronic Form W-2:
- Earlier access to the Form W-2.
- No possibility an employee's Form W-2 might be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced by the U.S mail service or by the employee, once received.
- Access is available at the same easy-to-use, secure web site at which an employee can access his/her wage and general account information.
- Access can be attained even if the employee is not presently at his/her residence, for example, if participating in a University foreign program.
- The format of the online W-2 allows an employee to quickly and easily download the included information into most tax preparation software.
- Multiple levels of security, including the employee's ID number and personally chosen PIN number, protect all information within the Bearweb System.
An employee who consents to receiving his/her Form W-2 online will not receive a paper copy of the W-2. If an employee does not consent, he/she will continue to receive a paper copy of the W-2.
An employee who chooses to receive his/her Form W-2 online can also receive a paper copy of the W-2 by contacting the Payroll Office at 710-2217 or Payroll_Office@baylor.edu. Request for a paper copy does not withdraw the employee's consent for electronic delivery of future W-2 statements.
An employee who chooses to receive his/her Form W-2 online can change his/her mind and withdraw consent to online delivery. An employee's withdrawal of consent will be effective on the date received and the Payroll Office will confirm in writing or by e-mail with the employee the effective date of withdrawal of consent. If consent is withdrawn, it will only be effective for those W-2 statements not yet issued. Consent may be withdrawn by sending an e-mail or other written notice to the following:
One Bear Place #97042
Waco, TX 76798
Employees will promptly be notified if any contact information changes.
The provision of an employee's Form W-2 by electronic format will cease upon an individual's employment with Baylor University.
The employee may continue to make any personal/employment information changes as needed through the Bearweb website.
All employees should be aware that the Form W-2, even when provided electronically, must be attached to their annual tax return, usually the Form 1040. If the W-2 is provided electronically, the employee should print the W-2 and attach it to his/her tax return documents.
The Bearweb website, and the employee's W-2, may be accessed by any Baylor computer that provides login access to employees. The W-2 statements will remain on Bearweb for at least 5 years.
Consent to Receive Your Form W-2 in Electronic Format in Lieu of Paper Format
The IRS has approved the use of electronic W-2 statements; however, employees must provide their consent to receive their W-2 in electronic format in lieu of paper format. For this reason, if you wish to attain all future W-2 statements only in electronic format, click on the below "Consent" link. Enter your Bear ID and password, read the enclosed statement and if you agree click on the "SUBMIT" button.
Instructions to Access Your Form W-2
Once you consent to receiving your W-2 electronically, you may access it by completing the following steps:
- Go to http://www.baylor.edu/bearweb.
- Click on Login to Bearweb and enter your ID number and PIN number.
- Click on "Employee Information" then choose "Tax Forms" and then "W-2 Year End Earnings Statement."
- Select the tax year for the corresponding W-2.
For any additional questions, please contact the Payroll Office.