Minimum Application Requirements
44 of the 66 prerequisite course hours completed
2 of the 4 prerequisite science courses completed (8 hours)
3.0 minimum GPA of completed prerequisite courses
2.5 minumum GPA for all undergraduate courses at the time of admission for transfer students
Bachelor's degree (FastBacc applicants only)
HESI A2 Exam requirementsEnglish Composite score of 80 or above
Math score of 80 or above
Anatomy & Physiology completed
Learning Styles and Personality Styles inventories completed
Prerequisite Course InformationThere are 66 hours of required courses a student must complete prior to starting our program. However, a student only needs 44 of the 66 hours of prerequisite courses completed (including 2 of the 4 science courses) in order to apply. A student must successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to starting the BSN program. The minimum grade point average to be considered for admission is a 3.0 in the prerequisite courses.
Prerequisite Courses4 Science courses: Microbiology, Anatom & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Chemistry
3 English courses: English I, English II, and English Literature
2 Government courses*: Federal Government, and State & Local Government
2 Religion courses: Bible-based Religion, and World Religion; or Old Testament and New Testament
1 History course
1 Nutrition course
1 Statistics course
2 Psychology courses: Intro to Psychology, and Developmental Psychology
1 Sociology course
2 semesters of same Foreign Language (Spanish recommended)
2 courses (6 hours) of general electives
* Baylor University graduates will take American Constitutional Development (PSC 2302) to fulfill Government requirement
The following applies to any college work taken prior to transfer:
- To determine whether a course will transfer into Baylor University from another college or university, please refer to the Equivalent Course Tool. Please contact Tina Glaspie if you have any additional questions.
- The most recent grade earned in a course will be used to calculate prerequisite GPA. However, any grade earned below a "C" will be factored into GPA but will require an applicant to retake the course in order to achieve a passing grade.
- A course with a grade of "Pass" may transfer, but only as elective credit.
- If a science or foreign language course is offered with separate lecture and lab, both portions must be completed. It is recommened that separate lecture and lab portions be completed through the same university or college.
- Credit be examination secured through another college or university by a student transferring to Baylor University will be accepted only to the extent that the exam and scores are equivalent to what Baylor accepts. Scores received must meet the Baylor University minimum score requirements stated in the Credit By Examination brochure in effect in the year that the student entered college as a freshmen. To find more information regarding accepted exams and minimum score requirements, please refer to the Baylor University testing website.
HESI A2 Entrance Exam
Students must complete the following sections:
English CompositeThe HESI A2 exam may only be taken once during each admission period. In the event a student has taken the exam more than once, the most recent exam will be counted. HESI A2 scores cannot be pieced together.
Anatomy & Physiology
Personality Styles Inventory
Learning Styles Inventory
Please refer to the HESI A2 Information page to learn how to register to take the exam and how to submit official scores to LHSON.
TOEFLStudents whose first/native language is not English, are required to take the TOEFL,regardless of US education, or years of residence. The Louise Herrington School of Nursing requires applicants to attain a minimum score of 560 on the paper based test, 220 on the computer based test, or 83 on the internet based test(IBT).
*Please note: the TOEFL score required by the Louise Herrington School of Nursing is higher than the minimum required by Baylor University.