For admission to the Nursing Graduate Program, applicants must meet the general requirements set forth by the Graduate School and the Louise Herrington School of Nursing.
Application process for BSN to DNP:
- Complete the online graduate school application.
- Baccalaureate Degree with a major in nursing
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE or MAT scores optional
- Nursing experience
- FNP - One (1) year of full time experience as a practicing professional nurse (additional work experience may be required by faculty)
- NNP - Two (2) years of recent experience in a level 3 NICU (Other experience may be considered on a case by case basis. Students with 1 year of experience may be considered for admission if they will have completed 2 years in the NICU before the first clinical course is taken)
- Midwifery - Optimally, although not required, have one year of clinical practice preferably in Labor and Delivery, extensive observational experiences of birth or education and practice as a doula.
If selected to be interviewed for admission
- A writing sample on site
- A personal interview
- Current licensure to practice as an RN in Texas before beginning course of study
- Documentation of successful completion of a graduate level statistics course
Full-time and part-time degree plans are available. Graduate student tuition is based on credit hours, not a flat rate and is consistent with that of Baylor University. Fees are added after the per credit tuition rate. Technology such as laptops, smart phones, etc. may be of value, but are up to the individual and personal preference.
For the fall start date applicants should plan to complete all admission materials on or before February 1.
Students admitted to the Graduate Program in Nursing may be eligible for scholarship/graduate tuition assistance through the school of nursing. Scholarship funds are limited and are awarded based on tuition cost after students register for classes. Federal assistance in the form of student loans is available through the Baylor University Financial Aid Office. Federal student loans require completion of FAFSA by students at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please contact Endalk Tulu, Louise Herrington School of Nursing Financial Aid Coordinator, for additional information.
For More Information Contact:
Ms. Elaine Lark
Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment