For admission to the Nursing Graduate Program, applicants must meet the general requirements set forth by the Graduate School and the Louise Herrington School of Nursing:
1. Bachelor's degree with a major in nursing
2. Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in nursing courses and 3.0 or higher overall.
3. Unencumbered license to practice as a registered as a registered nurse in the United States or a U.S. territory
4. One (1) year of full-time experience as a practicing professional nurse for FNP or BS to DNP programs. For NNP, one (1) year of NICU experience is required.
5. All graduate applicants are required to take the Graduage Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
6. Acceptable writing sample
7. Applicants for the Master's program must have completed an undergraduate statistics course. Doctor of Nursing Practice applicants must have a graduate level statistics course.
8. Three letters of Recommendation
9. Submission of resume or curriculum vita
10. Completion of a Graduate School application
11. Personal interview
There is no foreign language requirement. Applications are considered on an individual basis after the School of Nursing receives all admission materials.
For the recommended fall start date applicants should plan to complete all admission materials on or before:
- Early admission applications and interview must be complete by February 1.
- All admission applications and interview must be complete by April 15.
Preference will be given to full-time students. Part-time students will be accepted as space allows.
For more information email Tina Glaspie, Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment.