Faculty and Staff are invited to attend the 2012 annual Health & Wellness Fair on October 19, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Student Life Center (SLC). Don't forget to bring your Baylor faculty/staff ID card.
The university has begun the transition to a new ID card for the campus community. The goal is that all faculty and staff will obtain their new cards during this fall semester. For your convenience, a mobile ID station will be at the SLC during the Health & Wellness fair.
Be proactive for your good health! Faculty and staff will have the opportunity to speak with professionals and participate in interactive booths. Flu vaccine, health screenings, special services and wellness activities will be offered. Come and join the fun! Prizes, give-aways, refreshments, and more will be available for those who participate.
Flu Vaccines from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Health Screenings from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Flu Vaccines and Health Screenings sponsored by Baylor Health Center will be administered on the 3rd floor of the SLC:
- Flu Vaccines - Cost $20.00
- TSH (Thyroid) - Cost $8.00
- PSA (Prostate) - $10.00
- Lipid Panel (Cholesterol, Triglycerides) - Cost $5.00
- CMP (Blood Chemistry) - Cost $6.00
- Instructions prior to receiving the Lipid Panel and/or the CMP screenings:
Don't eat or drink after midnight except water with necessary medicine
- Results of tests will be available after October 25th at Health Services. Test results will be released to the individual only - if you would like to pick up your spouse's results, permission is required; ID required.
- Results are not interpreted by Health Services but must be taken to a person's own physician.
Health and Wellness Booths
- Wellness check-up using pulse diagnosis
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Plans
- NEW! Short Term Disability Plan
- Alzheimer's Association
- Healthy menu samples
- Baylor Autism Resource Center
- Baylor Risk Management
- Baylor - SLC
- Massage Therapy-SLC lobby
- Fitness program-in front of the fitness center
- Fit tips at Work-inside the racquetball court
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas Medical
- BCBS wellness programs
- CVS/Caremark Prescription Plan
- DR Dental Administrative Services
- Hillcrest Medical Center
- Blood pressure check
- Body fat % - BMI
- Breast cancer awareness
- Stroke awareness
- Ergonomic Work Stations - Good Habits
- Humana Cancer + Specified Disease
- Naturally Slim
- Wellness Program
- Providence Healthcare Network
- QCD of America Dental
- Dental Health
- Standard Insurance
- Test your knowledge on Long Term Disability
- Education materials for Baylor's Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Waco-McLennan County Public Health District
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Health Education Materials
- Food Display Models
- Waco Health/Wellness Magazine