Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas, Baylor University is the oldest university in Texas and the world’s largest Baptist University. Baylor’s mission is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community. Baylor is actively recruiting new faculty with a strong commitment to the classroom and an equally strong commitment to discovering new knowledge as Baylor aspires to become a top tier research university while reaffirming and strengthening its distinctive Christian mission as described in Pro Futuris.
We invite you to come discover the vision and excitement at Baylor as we seek to fill the following positions in the Hankamer School of Business, Department of Accounting. The position is contingent on final budgetary approval
Tracking ID#: F010774
POSITION: Clinical Instructor to Clinical Assistant Professor, to serve as Director of Accounting Internships and Career Development
QUALIFICATIONS: Ideally, the candidate will posess:
• A master’s degree in accounting
• CPA credential (preferred)
• Five years of relevant professional experience in public accounting/industry and exposure to university recruiting/relations
• Knowledge of the employment landscape and opportunities for accounting majors and master’s degree candidates
• Proven ability to build relationships with firm representatives
• Experience in successfully facilitating and coordinating relationships between the accounting faculty and external constituents
• Coach accounting majors on their career planning decisions, action plan development, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparations, and job search activities
• Coordinate accounting major career and professional development events and industry exposure experiences
• Develop firm relationships to achieve excellence in placement of accounting majors in internships and full-time positions
• Expand corporate partnership program to realize department and partner goals.
• Teach accounting course(s) to undergraduate students
• Engage in various service activities to support the Department of Accounting and Business Law, Hankamer School of Business, and Baylor University
RANK AND SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, transcripts, and evidence of an active Christian faith commitment. Include names, addresses, and phone numbers of three individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Michael Robinson, Search Committee Chair
One Bear Place #98002
Waco, Texas 76798-8002
Materials may be submitted electronically to: Michael_Robinson@baylor.edu.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.