Section 5: Personal Exposure
- The occupational dose to individual adults shall not exceed the following annual dose limits:
- total effective dose equivalent of 5 rem
- the deep dose equivalent and the committed dose equivalent to any individual organ tissue, other than the lens of the eye, of 50 rem
- eye dose equivalent of 15 rem
- skin or extremity shallow dose equivalent of 50 rem
- The annual dose limits for minors shall not exceed 10% of the annual dose limits specified above for adult workers.
C. Declared Pregnant Women
- Dose to the embryo / fetus of a pregnant woman shall not exceed 0.5 rem during the entire pregnancy. (See Section XIII.)
D. Airborne Radioactive Materials
- Exposure of individuals to airborne radioactive materials requires the approval of the Radiation Safety Officer.
E. Exposures Greater than 125 millirem
- In accordance with the ALARA policy, exposures must be maintained as low as reasonably achievable. Any time a person receives an exposure greater than 125 millirem in one monitoring badge reporting period, the exposure will be evaluated to determine if it could be reduced.
F. Annual Dose Limit
- Annual dose limit to the public must be less than 100 millirem.