Double or Triple Your Gift!Q: How Often Do You Match? A: Probably Not Often Enough.
Here are some facts:
- More than 7,500 companies offer matching gift programs to their employees.
- Some companies will double or even triple gifts made by their employees.
- Last year, 259 alumni and friends of the university pledged a matching gift.
- Baylor received more than $650,000 of its annual funds from matching gifts last year.
What is a Matching Gift?Every time you make a gift to Baylor University, your money could be matched, doubled, even tripled by your employer if the company participates in a matching gift program.
Alumni and friends of Baylor University have a great opportunity to enhance their giving through corporate supported matching gift programs. Your support will provide opportunities for students and enhance university programs, and all this can be done effortlessly by simply filling out a matching gifts form for your employer. Just think of the impact your gift will have on Baylor University students when multiplied.
Is This New?Corporate matching gift programs began in 1954 when General Electric Company first introduced a program that would benefit nonprofit organizations. Colleges and universities became the first nonprofit organizations to benefit from this program. Today, thousands of companies nationwide participate in matching gifts programs, helping their employees maximize their gifts to nonprofit organizations.
Is This a Huge Commitment?Of course everyone's financial situation is different, but a matching gift program is an excellent way to get started in meeting your philanthropic goals. It also is a great means for people wanting to enhance their charitable giving.
What Do I Need to Do to Get Started?Matching a gift to Baylor only takes three easy steps:
STEP 1: Contact your employee's human resources department to see if they offer a matching gift program, or use our search tool:
- STEP 2: Obtain a matching gift form from your human resources department.
- STEP 3: Complete the form and send it in with your next gift to Baylor.
It's that easy! Not only can you match often, but you also can maximize your gift potential.