We believe in investing in our neighbors.
A gift to the Baylor/Waco Foundation is a gift to our community.
The Baylor/Waco Foundation, guided by local business leaders and current Baylor students through Baylor's Philanthropy & Public Good course, grants funds to local non-profits working in economic development, health, education, cultural wealth and city growth, focus areas of Baylor's community engagement initiative.
Make a gift today and join with us as we rally campus-wide and city-wide resources to make a local impact, allowing all to flourish and thrive.
2019 Baylor/Waco Foundation recipients include:
- Christian Women’s Job Corps, $5,000. The organization helps equip women in Waco and surrounding areas with job training and life skills through a six-month mentorship and education program.
- Talitha Koum Institute, $20,000. Talitha Koum Institute (TKI) is a mental health therapeutic nurture center focusing on the brain development of extreme children from infancy to age 4. The program also extends to weekly parent education, a mentoring program for TKI school-age children, and community trainings regarding trauma-affected children and their care.
- Family Abuse Center, $5,000. The center’s mission is to eliminate domestic violence in Central Texas by sheltering victims of domestic violence and preventing abuse from occurring through intervention and education.
- Greater Waco Legal Services, $15,000. The organization provides aid to those who are unable to afford the services of a private attorney. It provides affordable legal services, free monthly legal advice clinics and legal empowerment workshops.
- Inspiracion, $15,500. The nonprofit focuses on empowering at-risk Latino families to break the cycle of poverty by fostering parenting knowledge and skills that directly impact child development.
- The Cove, $15,000. The Cove is a safe space created for students who are experiencing homelessness.
Show your support by making a gift today.
Learn more about the 2019 grant-making process here. Read more about Solid Gold Neighbor, Baylor's intentional and purposeful community engagement strategy.