Career Exploration Resources
Baylor Majors and Programs
- Majors at Baylor This link provides a list of majors offered at Baylor. Each listing is hyperlinked to that major's website.
- Health-Related Programs at Baylor This web page offers an overview of both undergraduate and graduate programs at Baylor that help prepare students for careers in the field of health care.
- List of Minors 2013-14 An academic minor is considered optional for most undergraduate students at Baylor. Students who select a major in Journalism should note that a minor is required.
- Meet the Majors Podcast Meet the Majors is a series of interviews with Baylor faculty members and staff about majors that are available to undergraduate students.
What Can I Do with My Major?
- What Can I Do With This Major? The Office of Career and Professional Development provides information on career possibilities with various majors, as well as strategies for career planning.
- What Can I Do with a Major in... This site through the University of North Carolina at Wilmington provides information on a variety of majors and potential careers associated with each.
Career and Salary Information
- O*Net A useful tool for career exploration and job analysis including salaries and projected growth.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook A publication of the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics that includes information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, earnings, and job outlook for hundreds of different occupations.
- Texas Reality Check This tool allows students to select components of the lifestyle they want after graduation (i.e., housing, utilities, food) and calculate the annual salary required to sustain such a lifestyle.
- Additional Salary Resources Visit our job search resource page for a list of helpful salary websites.