Application packets will be accepted for the 2016 Texas Family Business of the Year awards from January 15 until June 10, 2016. Awards will be presented November 4, 2016 at a banquet on the Baylor campus in Waco.
The Institute for Family Business at Baylor University hosts this annual awards ceremony to recognize and honor outstanding family firms from across the state who show concern for their family and its role in the business and community,demonstrate contributions to their industry and their community and are role models for the family in business.
Winners are chosen in three general categories - large (more than 151 employees), medium (51-150 employees) and small (50 or fewer employees).
Outstanding firms are also honored in the special categories of Family Values, Community Commitment, Fastest-Growing Family Business, Well-Managed Family Business, Founders Award, Heritage Award and Stewardship Award.
To apply, a firm must be headquartered in Texas and have one or more of the following characteristics:
- has been owned and operated by different generations of a family
- the potential exists for ownership to be passed on to a younger generation
- more than one member of a family has active employment in an organization owned by a family
- a family holding company which is presently operating a business
Please click on the following link to view the 2016 Texas Family Business of the Year Application Instructions. Use the Microsoft Word 'Save As' command to save a copy to your computer.
- Linda Ramirez, Program Manager
- John F. Baugh Cener for Entrepreneurship
- Hankamer School of Business
- Baylor University
- One Bear Place #98011
- Waco, Texas 76798-8011
Completed application materials must be received by June 10, 2016 for the 2016 Texas Family Business of the Year Awards.
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Ramirez at the Institute for Family Business at phone 254-710-4157, or e-mail Linda Ramirez.