The Baylor Business Sell-Off (BBSO) allows Baylor students to see how they "stack up" against their peers. The BBSO also allows our Corporate Partners and other interested parties to get a "sneak peek" at Baylor's talent as they prepare to enter the job market.
Corporate partners and business professionals can register online to be BBSO Judges.
Judges must register by Monday, January 27, 2014.
The 2014 BBSO will take place on January 31, 2014. Judges will be assigned role plays to judge the day after the competition and must complete all judging no later than Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:00 pm.
Each BBSO competitor makes a sales call in a 20-minute role play with a corporate Buyer. Competitors receive a Competitor Scenario and Buyers receive a Buyer Scenario explaining each person's roles, the product being sold and the details of the interaction prior to the role play. It is important for each participant to be familiar with the scenario, the product being sold and the judging criteria prior to competition.
The competitor will be stopped after 20 minutes, regardless of whether the presentation is complete or not. Each role play is recorded by in-room cameras and judged virtually by a panel of corporate executives and Baylor faculty members.
Top performers are awarded cash prizes and represent Baylor in an all-expense paid trip to Atlanta for the National Collegiate Sales Competition and national career fair.
Since all judging for the BBSO takes place virtually, judges:
- Register to judge through the online Judge Registration site
- Prepare for the Judge role (which takes about thirty minutes):
- Read and become familiar with the Competitor Scenario
- Maintain the same expectation level for all competitors
- Be consistent in each area as you evaluate competitors
- Judge competitors based on their technical performance, not personality (being careful not to succumb to the "halo effect")
- Note the time (on the computer screen) of the event you are commenting on (so competitor will know the event to which you are referring)
- Try to give positive a comment to every competitor (most competitors will have at least 1-2 positive qualities/skills)
- Give 1-2 suggestions for improvement to all competitors (even the best ones can improve)
- Log-on to a secure website and view your assigned role play links, which will be sent to you via email the day after the BBSO
- Review the 20-minute role playing exchanges for 3 - 6 students (which requires 1-2 hours of your time)
- Complete the judges' scoring sheet for each role play that you judge
- Submit scoring sheets by the deadline