Research for Social Change: The Influence of Media and Marketing
Friday, March 23, 2 – 4:30
Cashion Building, Room 404
Can we protect people from killing themselves?
- Entertainment Education & Adolescent Smoking
- Segmenting Teens to Understand Smoking Uptake
- Developing Evidence-Based Sun-Protection Interventions
Cornelia Pechmann, Professor of Marketing, UC-Irvine
An Experimental Investigation of an Entertainment Education Television Episode about Adolescent Smoking: Reference Group and Identification Effects
- Dr. Pechmann has published in leading public health journals (e.g. American Journal of Public Health) and marketing journals (e.g. Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Marketing Research).
Marlys Mason, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Oklahoma State
Segmenting Teens to Understand Smoking Uptake
- Dr. Mason’s research has been published in leading marketing journals and is supported by state and federal grants.
Anna Good, McBride Fellow, Baylor University
Developing Evidence-Based Sun-Protection Interventions
- Ms. Good is this year’s McBride Fellow, a Ph.D. student visiting from the University of Sussex, England
To register or ask question, contact Jeff Tanner, email@example.com,