Brand Engagement and Promotion
Where brands meet entertainment
To break through marketplace clutter, brand promotion must engage customers at key passion points. The Brand Engagement and Promotion (BEaP) track in marketing prepares students to create integrated communication strategies for brands to engage consumers derived from sound consumer research, analytics, and insights.
Baylor partners with the industry to place students in internships to learn the science, art, and practice leading to careers with the ABCs:
- Agencies: Advertising, promotion, sponsorships, and public relations
- Brands: Consumer packaged goods and services
- Communications & Entertainment: Media, Music, Movies & Venues
Learning, whether we're talking about consumers learning about brands or students learning strategy, is best brewed experientially. Classes meet in the Mike Curb Music & Entertainment Marketing Learning Lab, where students also create and manage promotion campaigns for Uproar Records in the 24-seat digital media lab.
Students engage with brands, agencies, and media in courses through:
- Brand Engagement Challenge: Senior team strategy competition with client brand, property & agency.
- Brand Research Project: Design & execute consumer insights research with client brand, property, and/or agency
- Ad Campaigns Competition: Junior team strategy competition with client brand, property & agency.
- Upoar Headliner Concert Series: Majors and Uproar Club members plan & execute sponsored concert with a headliner act and original Uproar artists.
- MKT/Sales Career Fair: Interviews with company recruiters in the fall and spring each year.
Students in the Brand Engagement and Promotion (BEaP) program want to positively impact culture in the industries of media, entertainment, and brand promotion.