All events take place on the 5th floor of Cashion Academic Center unless otherwise noted.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
Monday, March 21
3:30-4:30pm Film: "The Big Energy Gamble"
Tuesday, March 22
3:30-4:45pm "Sustainable Energy in the Developing World"
- Moderator: Smith Getterman, Sustainability Coordinator, Baylor University
- Richard Hansen, Founder and CEO, Soluz Inc.
- Brian Thomas, Senior Lecturer, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baylor University
- Megan Rapp, U.N. Consultant and Graduate Student, Columbia University
Wednesday, March 23
7:00-9:00pm Opening Dinner, "Energy Security: Myths and Realities" ( Registration is closed. Contact Julie LaStrape for more information.)
- Charles Ebinger, Director, Energy Security Initiative, The Brookings Institution
Thursday, March 24
9:30-11:00am "Energy in Economic Development"
- Bob Tippee, Editor, Oil & Gas Journal
- Gurcan Gulen, Senior Energy Economist, Center for Energy Economics, BEG, UT Austin
11:00am-12:30pm "The Outlook for Renewable Energy"
- Tod Perry, Senior Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Paul Clegg, Executive Director, Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
12:30-2:00pm Lunch, "The New Geopolitics of Oil" ( Registration is closed. Contact Julie LaStrape for more information.)
- Joe Barnes, Bonner Means Baker Fellow, Baker Institute, Rice University
2:00-3:30pm "Energy Sufficiency and Sustainability: The Outlook from Industry"
- Mark McCollum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Halliburton
- John E. Lowe, Assistant to the CEO, ConocoPhillips
Friday, March 25
3:00-4:15pm "Revolutions in the Middle East and the Global Energy Market"
- Panel Discussion – Baylor Middle Eastern Studies Faculty,
William G. Baker, Randall Brown, Mark Long, William A. Mitchell, and Lynn Tatum
Wednesday, March 30
7:00-9:00pm "On Topic: A Casual Conversation About Issues Facing Our Nation" (Waco Hall)
- Ken Starr, President, Baylor University
- T. Boone Pickens, Chairman, BP Capital Management