Change your Major/Minor
If you are considering changing or declaring a major in the College of Arts and Sciences, CASA recommends that you follow these guidelines before making any changes:
- Run a "what if" degree audit in Bearweb for the major you have selected. This audit shows you what is required for your new major and allows you to see how your current and completed courses will be applied. To run a "What if" audit through your BEARWEB account, select the following links - Student Academic Services - Student Records - Degree Audit.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor in the Office of Career and Professional Development. CASA highly recommends that students consider completing the career counseling appointment series prior to changing their major.
CHANGE/DECLARE A MAJOR OR MINOR (In the College of Arts and Sciences):
You will begin this process by logging into your BEARWEB account and selecting the following links - Student Academic Services > Student Records > Change of Major Request.
There are FOUR steps to this process that you MUST carefully complete.
- (1) Complete the Action, Program, and/or Minor request that applies to you. If your new major or minor requires a specific concentration, please list this under Explanation.
(2) Select Request Changes
(3) Now, you MUST select the blue link at the bottom of the page and this will take you to the online data form (www.baylor.edu/artsandsciences/dataform).
(4) You will be required to log in again. Here, you will complete each request as you did in step one. After submitting your request, you will receive confirmation once your major has been changed. It may take 24 hours to see any change.
In the College of Arts & Sciences, the Biology, Film & Digital Media, and Psychology/Neuroscience departments require a student to first be assigned as a pre-major until they have met the academic requirements to declare that major. If you think you are ready to declare one of these majors, and have met all academic requirements for that major, you should contact University Advisement, room 103 (west wing), Sid Richardson Building, or call (254) 710-7280.
Students who would like to declare the Undecided major should contact University Advisement at the contact information given above.