Baylor > CASA > Change your Major/Minor

Change your Major/Minor

If you are considering changing or declaring a major in the College of Arts and Sciences, CASA recommends that you follow these guidelines before making any changes:

  • Run a "what if" degree audit in Bearweb for the major you have selected. This audit shows you what is required for your new major and allows you to see how your current and completed courses will be applied. To run a "What if" audit select - BearWeb - Student Academic Services - Student Records - Degree Audit.

  • Schedule an appointment with a counselor in the Office of Career and Professional Development. CASA highly recommends that students consider completing the career counseling appointment series prior to changing their major.

To change/declare a major or minor in the College of Arts & Sciences:

Use the online Data Form to make this change. It may take 24 hours to see any change.


    In the College of Arts & Sciences, the Biology, Film & Digital Media, and Psychology/Neuroscience departments require a student to first be assigned as a pre-major until they have met the academic requirements to declare that major. If you think you are ready to declare one of these majors, and have met all academic requirements for that major, you should contact University Advisement, room 103 (west wing), Sid Richardson Building, or call (254) 710-7280.


    Students who would like to declare the Undecided major should contact University Advisement at the contact information given above.

To change/declare a major outside of the College of Arts & Sciences:

Follow this link - - to the guidelines for the academic unit or program you are interested in changing your major to. Each academic area has specific procedures for students to declare or change degree, major or minor.