Research experiences are part of transformative undergraduate education at Baylor University,
where world-class scholars and researchers also are among the most recognized and committed teachers.
Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Achievement (URSA) seeks to promote, support, and facilitate
undergraduate research at Baylor University. There are several ways a faculty member might begin
to engage in undergraduate research.
- Invite ambitious students to participate in your research and explore resources to support their work by applying for an URSA Small Grant.
- Encourage students with outstanding research projects or experiences to present their research at URSA Scholars Week.
- Send exceptional students to present their research at national and international professional conferences. Many professional societies have undergraduate sessions.
- Join the Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR). Membership is free for all Baylor faculty.
- Talk with colleagues in your department or unit who actively facilitate undergraduate research experiences.