Most MAPs for the majors available with Baylor Bound accommodate a 1+3 year plan, that is to say that a student would take 1 year of courses at Tyler Junior College (TJC) and 3 years at Baylor. However, some students may be approved by the academic advisor to follow a 2+2 year plan at the end of the first year, depending upon the major chosen and the number of transfer credit or credit by exam hours completed prior to enrolling in Baylor Bound.
Some may need to consider traditional transfer rather than this program depending on their planned major and/or the number of completed hours towards that major.
Some plans may need to include summer courses depending on a student's need for remediation courses at TJC, hours required in the academic program at Baylor, and the student's graduation goal.
Students will fulfill the Baylor degree requirements as listed in the catalog of the year of enrollment in Baylor Bound. Baylor Admission Services will make sure that the catalog term is set for the year of entry into the program.
Some MAPS may specify requirements in addition to courses.
Course selection is subject to availability within each semester.
For more specific information on general requirements, see the Baylor Undergraduate Catalog.
Majors available for Baylor Bound - TJC
The majors listed below are available for students in Baylor Bound at TJC. Most of these majors are designed for students to take a year of course work at TJC followed by three years at Baylor, depending on the amount of course work completed prior to applying to Baylor Bound - TJC. Some of these majors may allow a student two years at TJC and two more at Baylor. This option will need to be carefully reviewed by the academic advisor. A few of these majors will require strict advisor supervision to ensure the major will be able to be completed in the allotted time.
Bachelor of Arts - TJC
- TJC - BA-Anthropology
- TJC - BA-Art History
- TJC - BA-Biochemistry
- TJC - BA-Biology
- TJC - BA-Biology-Prehealth
- TJC - BA-Biology-Science Ed
- TJC - BA-Chemistry
- TJC - BA-Communication Specialist
- TJC - BA-Communications Studies-Corporate Comm
- TJC - BA-Communications Studies-Rhetoric
- TJC - BA-Earth Science
- TJC - BA-Economics
- TJC - BA-English
- TJC - BA-Professional Writing
- TJC - BA-Film & Digital Media
- TJC - BA-History
- TJC - BA-International Studies
- TJC - BA-International Studies-Intensive
- TJC - BA-Journalism-New Media
- TJC - BA-Journalism-Public Relations
- TJC - BA-Mathematics
- TJC - BA-Medical Humanities
- TJC - BA-Philosophy
- TJC - BA-Political Science
- TJC - BA-Political Science-Prelaw
- TJC - BA-Psychology
- TJC - BA-Religion
- TJC - BA-Sociology
- TJC - BA-Spanish
Bachelor of Science - TJC
- TJC - BS-Anthropology-Forensic Science
- TJC - BS-Anthropology-General
- TJC - BS-Applied Math-Differential Equations - TJC
- TJC - BS-Applied Math-Numerical Methods
- TJC - BS-Applied Math-Statistics Option
- TJC - BS-Biochemistry
- TJC - BS-Biology
- TJC - BS-Biology-Ecology Concentration
- TJC - BS-Biology-Prehealth Care
- TJC - BS-Biology-Science Ed
- TJC - BS-Chemistry
- TJC - BS-Chemistry with Subdiscipline
- TJC - BS-Chemistry-Biochem Concentration
- TJC - BS-Economics
- TJC - BS-Geology
- TJC - BS-Mathematics
- TJC - BS-Neuroscience
- TJC - BS-Psychology
- TJC - BS-Statistics