University Withdrawal


Spring 2018 semester is March 26th.

  • To withdraw from all classes, beginning with the first class day of a semester, a student who is financially settled must complete the online withdrawal form and schedule an exit interview with a staff member in Academic Support Programs within the Paul L. Foster Success Center (PLFSC). For a nursing student on the Dallas campus to withdraw from the University during a semester, the student must secure clearance from the Associate Dean prior to scheduling an exit interview.
  • The effective date of a University Withdrawal is established by the date on which a student schedules an exit interview with a staff member in Academic Support Programs within the Paul L. Foster Success Center. The date the appointment is scheduled may be different than the actual date of the interview.
  • Under no circumstance does notification to professors or dropping classes constitute an official University Withdrawal. Leaving the University without following the established procedure will result in "Failure" of all courses for which the student is registered.
Dropping a Class vs. University Withdrawal

Dropping a class is not considered a University Withdrawal. See when considering dropping a class.

University Withdrawal or Withdrawal refers to discontinuing all classes after financial settlement and before the withdrawal deadline. As stated above, the withdrawal process includes completing an online withdrawal form and having an exit interview before leaving the university for the semester.


Contact Academic Support Programs located in the basement of the West Wing of Sid Richardson by phone (254) 710-8696 or by email at Academic Support.

Consult the Spring 2018 University Withdrawal Checklist link.

To begin the withdrawal process, complete these steps:

  1. Complete the online Withdrawal Form.
  2. Contact Academic Support Programs in any of the following ways to schedule the mandatory exit interview:
    in person (basement of the West Wing of Sid Richardson during regular business hours)
    by phone 254-710-8696
    by email Academic Support.
  3. Student Financial Aid Office, Clifton Robinson Tower, First Floor (254) 710-2611. If you are receiving scholarships or other financial aid, contact this office to discuss the financial implications of a withdrawal, such as the repayment of loans and future financial aid, including scholarships.  Make Sure you know the answers to these questions before withdrawing:
    • When will my student loans enter repayment?
    • How will my future scholarship aid (or other aid) be impacted by withdrawing?
  4. Cashier's Office, Clifton Robinson Tower, First Floor, (254) 710-2311.  For questions regarding your financial account/tuition/refund, contact this office.
  5. If you are living on campus, you must cancel your campus housing. A student must vacate campus housing within 48 hours of the official withdrawal date. Contact (254) 710-3642


Refer to the 2016-17 Undergraduate Catalog pages 22-24 for CRITICAL information about withdrawals.

All academic actions deadlines and attached grading periods are posted on the University Academic Calendar.