Know Your Neighbor Week
What is Know your Neighbor Week?From Monday, November 8, to Friday, November 12, the Success Center is hosting and celebrating programs that shine a light on the many unique populations that makeup our wonderful Baylor community. A week-long, deep dive into many of the enriching facets of the Baylor community entitled Know Your Neighbor Week. Be ready to get curious about your extended Baylor Family, where they come from, what their experience is like, how you might be a good neighbor, and how they enrich our lives and the Baylor community and how you enrich theirs.
Raising Awareness:Whether it’s watching a zoom panel discussion, listening to a speaker, reading an article, or meeting new friends at Dr Pepper Hour there a lot of resources and activities available this week to learn more about your neighbors in the Baylor community.
Taking Action:When we shine a light on the experience of the many different student populations across Campus and learn more about who are Neighbor is, we also bring to light the particular challenges and obstacles they face; the most frequent response we hear is, “How can I help?”
If that applies to you, we invite you to learn more and take action:
- Give directly to The Food Security Endowment created by the Faculty Senate and Staff Council to ensure we can minimize food insecurity for future students at Baylor.
- If you have a meal plan you can donate your guest swipes at any of the Baylor Dining facilities through the “Swipe Out Hunger” program.
- Give to The Store Excellence account to help meet the needs of current students or volunteer.
- Drop some canned goods in boxes located in The Bobo Spiritual Life Center, New Student Programs, Multicultural Affairs, Student Activities and Campus Recreation in the Student Life Center.
- Consider giving to support the Baylor VETS program.