4 Steps for Student Employment
1. Apply for a Job
Log into your student Handshake account and search for Baylor University Student Employment Jobs. Click on the link within to posting to access the job board through JobX powered by NextGen Websolutions. Apply for applicable Jobs.
Once you are selected for a job, verify your start date, work schedule, orientation and/or training with your new supervisor.
3. Require Documents
Visit the Office of Student Employment to complete the following documents.
- Form I-9 - Complete Section 1 Online, and then Section 2 of the Form I-9 document must be completed in person and REQUIRES original forms of identificiation and employment eligibility.
- Form W-4 - you may complete this form either with the Office of Student Employment or Payroll Office.
- Direct Deposit Form - direct deposit is optional, but highly recommended for receiving you student pay check. You will be able to track your earnings by using BearWeb. If you prefer, you may pick up your check in the Payroll Office.
- Student Employment Confidentiality Agreement - Baylor student entrusted to be employees are expected to diligently perform the job for which he or she is employed. In addition to student employee you agree to uphold confidentiality as it relates to University sensitive data.
- Memo of Understanding (MOU) - Basic agreement with the University regarding the nature of your employment. This is form is signed by Faculty and Staff members as well.
4. Get Paid
Student payroll occurs every two weeks based on the student payroll schedule. The weekly student employee pay period runs from Sunday through Saturday. For more information on student payroll guideines visit the student resource pay on the student employment job board.