- DSW — University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine
- MSSW Kent School of Social Work – University of Louisville
- BA in Psychology – Lee University
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Homeless Youth and Families
- LGBT Youth and Homelessness
- Human Trafficking and Homeless Youth
- School Social Work
- Co-founder of The Cove, a teen nurturing center for homeless youth https://www.thecovewaco.org
- Chair, Prosper Waco Community Engagement for Schools and Children Committee
- Heart of Texas Human Trafficking Roundtable Member
- Past president of the Heart of Texas Homeless Coalition 2012-2015
- City of Waco Poverty Solutions Steering Committee 2011-2012
Cheryl has over twenty years of experience in community mental health as a therapist and psychosocial rehabilitation specialist for adults with serious and persistent mental illness. In 2009, she accepted a social work position with Waco Independent School district in the Homeless Outreach Department. She is an advocate for homeless families and youth in the Waco community.
Cheryl is married to David, who is also a social worker, and they have two beautiful daughters adopted from China, Josie (Nanning, China) and Emilie (Yibin, Sichuan).