Houston MSW Program
Baylor University’s Diana R. Garland School of Social Work is educating future social work practitioners in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas. Established in 2015, the Garland School of Social Work’s Houston campus offers the standard and advanced standing Master of Social Work program in a format that is conducive for students who need the flexibility to pursue their MSW while maintaining a part-time job.
Quick Facts about the Garland School of Social Work's Houston Campus and the City of Houston:
- More flexible classroom meeting times, typically in later afternoon & evenings
- Cohort based program
- Competitive financial aid funding available
- Opportunity to create a unique concentration in an area of your passion in partnership with a faculty member
Field Internship Opportunities:
- Opportunity for more health care focused internships
- Broad clinical options in various areas including schools, hospitals, and non-profit agencies
- Dedicated field placement team
City of Houston:
- Houston is a large metropolis in Texas
- Greater Houston is the most ethnically diverse metropolitan area in the United States. More than 145 different languages are spoken in Houston
- Houston ranks first among U.S. cities where paychecks stretch the furthest, according to Forbes.
- There are more than 10,000 restaurants in the Houston area with culinary choices that represent more than 70 countries and American regions.