Jocelyn Shealy McGee
Faculty Fellow in Global Health, Culture, and Aging Research at the Diana R. Garland School of Social Work.
PhD, Clinical Psychology, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasedena, California
MSG, Baylor University
BA in Psychology, Baylor University
Download Full Profile
National Certification as a Health Service Provider in Psychology
Pargament, K.I., Lomax, J.W., McGee, J.M, & Fang, Q. (2014). Sacred moments in psychotherapy from the perspective of mental health providers and clients: Prevalence, predictors, and consequences. Spirituality in Clinical Practice
(Journal of the American Psychological Association), 1, 4, 248-262.
Pargament, K.I., Lomax, J.W., McGee, J.M, & Fang, Q. (2014). With one foot in the water and one on the shore. Spirituality in Clinical Practice
(Journal of the American Psychological Association), 1, 4, 266-268.
Karlin, B.E., Visnic, S., McGee, J.S, & Teri, L. (2013). Results from the multisite implementation of STAR-VA: A multi-component psychosocial intervention for managing challenging dementia-related behavior in veterans. Psychological Services
(Journal of the American Psychological Association). Advance online publication. Doi: 10.1037/a0033683
McGee, J.S. & Myers, D. (2014). Sacred relationships, strengthened by community, can help people with mild or early-stage Alzheimer's disease, Generations
(Journal of the American Society of Aging), 38, 61-67.
McGee, J.S., Myers, D., Carlson, H., Barclay, P., & Funai, A. (2013) Spirituality, faith, and early stage Alzheimer's disease. Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion, 24
- Global Health and Aging
- Spirituality and Health
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Culture and Community
- Principal Investigator, Living with Dementia: the Alaska Experience (2014-present), Supported by the Center for Community and Engagement, University of Alaska Anchorage (2014-present)
- Principal Investigator, The Malawi Resilience Project, Supported by the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, University of Alaska Anchorage (2014-Present)
- Principal Investigator, Health, and Well-being in Persons with Dementia and their Family Caregivers, Supported in part by the Lenn and Danny Price Endowment (2011-Present)
- Principal Investigator, Enhancing Rural Interventions for Caregiver Health (EN-RICH), South Central Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC) Rural Pilot Study Program and VA Office of Rural Health (ORH) (2009-Present)