Apply to GML Scholarship Program
Steps to Apply to the Global Mission Leadership Scholarship Program (GML). Please note that the next GML cohort will begin in August of 2019 and applications are due February 1, 2019.
- GML receives applications and awards scholarships every two years. Our next cohort will begin in August of 2019.
- Apply to Diana R. Garland School of Social Work. You are applying as a 2-year MSW student. If you have questions about your MSW application call (001) 254-710-7853 or email MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu.
- Apply for Global Mission Leadership Scholarship Program. The GML application will be a form sent to you in an email upon completion of the MSW application. You must indicate on the MSW application that you intend to apply for the GML program as well.
- You must fully complete both your MSW and GML applications by February 1, 2019.
The GML portion of the application will include the following items:
- General information about yourself as well as your educational and ministry background, etc.
- Information about who you are, your personal goals, and your calling to service. Please thoughtfully consider your responses to these questions.
- Supervisor Reference Email Contact Information: Please ask the director or supervisor in your organization to complete the form that is emailed directly to them.
- Pastoral Reference Email Contact Information: Please ask a pastor in your local congregation to complete the form that is emailed directly to them.
- Academic Writing Sample: Please upload file of a previous paper from your undergraduate or graduate coursework demonstrating academic writing proficiency. This paper can be on any topic of concern to the applicant, but papers relevant to social work practice are highly recommended.
- Statement of Intent to Serve in the Country of Concern.
Please contact GlobalMissionLeader@baylor.edu
if you have any questions about the application process.