BSW Admission Requirements
Applications will be reviewed for admission by the Admissions Committee in the spring semester.
- A written application demonstrating a commitment to social work values and the profession. Applications are due in the spring semester of the sophomore year.
- Completion of Introduction to Social Work (SWO 2321) with a minimum grade of "C" in the course. It is recommended that SWO 2321 be taken in the sophomore year.
- A written response to essay questions summarizing your personal and professional values. The content and evaluation of this essay must reflect professional values and demonstrate self-awareness, professional development, and ethical decision making.
- An overall GPA of 2.7 on a four-point scale and a grade of "C" or better in all social work courses. Preference for admission will be given to students who have achieved a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA. Admission is competitive and a high grade point average does not guarantee admission.
- A signed Student Code of Conduct, including affirmation of the Code of Ethics as outlined by the National Association of Social Workers (provided in SWO 2321).
For more information about how to apply, contact the GSSW Office of Enrollment, Career, and Alumni Services by email at SWO@baylor.edu, or by phone at (254) 710-6411.