How to Apply

  1. Apply for admission to Baylor University. Start your application here!
  2. Declare pre-social work as your major - you may do this before you even begin classes at Baylor University.
  3. Enroll in SWO 2321 (Introduction to Social Work) in the fall or spring of your sophomore year. In the spring of sophomore year, instructions for applying to the BSW program will be sent to all students enrolled in SWO 2321. You can find admission requirements here. Applications are typically due mid to late March.
  4. If accepted, your major will change from pre-social work to social work.
  5. Begin taking classes in the major fall of junior year.

If you decide to apply to the social work major after your sophomore year, your first step is to enroll in the Introduction to Social Work (SWO 2321) course. You may then apply the following spring.

For more information about the BSW program, contact The Office of Enrollment, Career, and Alumni Services at 254-710-6411.

If you are interested in changing your major, contact Kayla Mize at 254-710-7457.