Baylor University Student Admission Process
Thank you for your interest in the Louise Herrington School of Nursing of Baylor University. Admission to the school of nursing is competitive. Current Baylor University students are admitted in the Fall and Spring of each year. Students must complete majority of the prerequisite courses on the Baylor University campus in Waco, TX to be considered a Baylor applicant. All Baylor University graduates, regardless of degree earned, will be considered a Baylor applicant. All students must meet minimum application requirements for admission consideration.
Students completing prerequisite courses on main Baylor University campus should work with the Academic Advisor on the Waco campus to discuss program fit and to initiate an individualized degree plan. Please follow these steps to aid in application to the Louise Herrington School of Nursing:
- Speak with the Prenursing Academic Advisor in Waco, TX every semester to ensure correct progression of prerequisite courses.
- Inform your Academic Advisor when you would like to begin the application process.
- Schedule and complete HESI A2 exam before the application deadline.
- Turn in completed Nursing School Application.
- Submit official transcripts from schools other that Baylor where you have completed any courses. If you have taken any courses to be transferred into Baylor, be sure that those transcripts have been sent to either the Pre-Nursing Office or the Waco Admissions Office.
Mail all transcripts, applications, and direct all inquiries to:
Louise Herrington School of Nursing
One Bear Place #9733
Waco, TX 76798-7333
Application DeadlineStudents must submit a completed Nursing School Application, as well as all required documentation (official transcripts, official HESI A2 exam scores) to show successful completion of the minimum application requirements by the following deadlines:
Fall Start Term -- January 15th
Spring Start Term -- May 31st
Spring 2015 applications will be available to complete in March 2014.