This is an intensive full time program that begins each summer with a combination of teaching methodologies including traditional classroom, on-line courses, clinical and lab experiences, and hybrid interactive learning courses.
BSN Program Outcomes
The curriculum is designed to provide learning experiences that will prepare the graduates to:
1. Synthesize liberal education and Christian principles in safe, compassionate, professional nursing care.
2. Practice as a professional nurse to facilitate human need fulfulment of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations across the lifespan in a variety of healthcare settings.
3. Utilize the human needs framework and current evidence as a basis for professional nursing practice.
4. Utlize information managment systems to deliver, evaluate, and improve the safety and effectiveness of patient care.
5. Demonstrate effective communication, collaboration, and care coordination as a member of the inter-professional health care team to improve health outcomes.
6. Demonstrate professional, ethical, moral, legal, and spiritual concepts into one's practice within a global environment.
7. Synthesize leadership and management strategies in the delivery of health promotion and disease prevention at the individual and population level.
8. Demonstrate understanding of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory standards on quality outcomes and nursing practice
Tuition and Financial Aid
Students admitted to LHSON may be eligible for financial aid assistance. Federal assistance in the form of student loans is available through the Baylor University Financial Aid Office. Federal student loans require completion of FAFSA by students at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please contact Endalk Tulu, Louise Herrington School of Nursing Financial Aid Manager, for additional information.