Baylor Set to Welcome Prospective Students for Fall Premiere
- Premiere will feature a #BaylorLights social media mosaic, located on the second floor of the Bill Daniel Student Center, where students attending Premiere can use their own social media photos to create a new mosaic mural. (Matthew Minard/Baylor University)
- Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D., will welcome prospective students and their guests to Premiere on Oct. 13. (Matthew Minard/Baylor University)
- During Premiere, prospective students interact with faculty as they explore Baylorís many academic majors and programs. (Matthew Minard/Baylor University)
- Premiere provides prospective students and their families to meet with Baylor faculty, staff and current students, as well as Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D. (Matthew Minard/Baylor University)
Nearly 8,000 high school seniors, juniors, transfer students and guests will visit campus to experience Baylor, academic opportunities, campus life
WACO, Texas (Oct. 10, 2018) – Nearly 8,000 prospective students and their guests will visit Baylor University on Saturday, Oct. 13, for Premiere, a fun and exciting day for high school seniors, juniors and transfer students to explore the vibrant Baylor campus, experience college life and interact with the University’s exceptional faculty and staff.
The event is expected to be one of the largest Premiere days ever at Baylor, as strong demand continues among prospective students and their families for a transformational Baylor education and student life experience. This fall, Baylor enrolled a freshman class of 3,366 students, the highest-achieving first-year class in University history.
“The response to this fall’s Premiere from high school seniors, juniors and transfer students has been tremendous,” said Ross VanDyke, B.A. ’03, senior director of admissions recruitment at Baylor. “We continue to experience a high level of strong engagement with prospective students, who are enthusiastic about experiencing what it’s really like to be a Baylor student and exploring for themselves the many academic and student life opportunities the University offers in a supportive, faith-based environment. This is what Premiere is all about, and we are excited to welcome students and their families to our campus.”
Premiere begins with check-in at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the Ferrell Center, followed by an energetic, light-filled opening session at 9 a.m., featuring Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D., who will welcome prospective students to campus.
During Premiere, prospective students and their guests will have opportunities to:
• Tour campus and all residence halls.
• Interact with faculty as they explore Baylor’s academic majors and programs.
• Meet with Baylor Admissions staff to learn more about the admission process.
• Meet with Financial Aid representatives to help students and families apply for and understand the financial aid process. (An admissions and financial aid session also is offered in Spanish. Una sesión de admisiones y ayuda financiera de Baylor también se ofrece en español.)
Earlier this year, Baylor launched the “Where Lights Shine Bright” campaign across the state and online to spotlight Baylor’s distinct mission in higher education and share stories of how its students, faculty, staff and alumni are making an impact worldwide. Premiere will feature a #BaylorLights social media mosaic, located on the second floor of the Bill Daniel Student Center, where students attending Premiere can use their own social media photos to create a new mosaic mural.
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 17,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.