Baylor offers students a growing academic enterprise that ignites educational excellence, leadership and research discovery. With dedicated professors and a commitment to Christian values, students are provided with the tools to lead, serve and succeed in their future.
Integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment, Baylor University's mission is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service.
At Baylor, students discover how to think critically, analyze to reach informed conclusions and contribute to their academic disciplines. Students find a college experience that prepares them for a path of excellence, discovery and achievement in their professional careers.
- Degree programs: 142 baccalaureate, 75 masters, 41 doctoral, a juris doctor, and 2 education specialist programs
- Top 7 percent in the National Merit Scholars program
- One of the select 10 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which is the nation's oldest scholastic honor society
- Nationally ranked research institution, classified as such with "high research activity" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Cutting-Edge Academic Research
Baylor provides students numerous opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research. Noted Baylor Chemist Dr. Touradj Solouki explains:
Learn more about Baylor's research
- Baylor consistently ranks in the top 100 national doctoral-granting universities in "America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report.
- Graduate programs in law, business, health disciplines, the sciences and education are nationally ranked in the 2016 "America's Best Graduate Schools" by U.S. News.
- Baylor law students have scored the highest passing rate on the Texas State Bar Exam 15 times since 2001.
- The Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC) develops, promotes and markets new science and engineering technologies and provides graduate research space for the School of Engineering and Computer Science.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has chosen Baylor to join the Science Education Alliance, which engages Baylor students in scientific discovery on a national scale.
- The Diana R. Garland School of Social Work is a co-sponsor of the Texas Hunger Initiative, a cooperative effort to alleviate hunger in the state.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education cites Baylor in 11 categories in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey.
- Baylor is one of only 44 colleges and universities in the U.S. named a "Best Buy" by The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
See more Awards & Rankings