Below is information about Summer Student Worker hours, timecard monitoring and approvals, FICA deductions, Fall & Spring hiring/rehiring, and a training video.
- Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 student rehiring/hiring is now open for processing in Ignite.
- If you know your student is working and taking courses at Baylor, monitor their hours so they do not exceed 20 hours per week. Once the summer courses are over, they will be able to work more hours. Also monitor your student does not work more than 90 days on a 40 hour schedule as this could result in their eligibility for medical benefits at the department’s expense.
- Be sure to consistently monitor your pending time card approvals on Mondays by NOON over the summer. Students who are working over the regular 20 hours will need time cards approved each bi-week.
- Training on time card approval is available with this link.
- *REMINDER - FICA deductions will apply when a student is working, but not currently taking courses.