Crisis, Health, and Financial Resources
Want to know more about virtual healthcare, are you concerned about retirement funds, or do you want to know more about resources to help you or your family with counseling, crisis intervention, or legal concerns? Extensive information provided about Baylor benefits is available at www.baylor.edu/hr/benefits, but the information below is a great place to get started.
Counseling, Legal, and Crisis Intervention Resource
The Employee Assistance Program is available to all employees and their household family members with counseling, legal and financial consultation, work-life assistance and crisis intervention services. Five (5) face-to-face or phone sessions** with a local counselor for stress, depression, family and other issues. Call 888.628.4844 to take advantage of this confidential resource for you and your family.
Following is provided through EAP regarding counseling sessions:
- Short-term counseling
- Masters or Ph.D. level counselor
- **5 FREE sessions per person/per issue
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas provides you and your covered dependents access to virtual healthcare for non-emergency medical and behavioral health needs through MDLive. Log-in to mdlive.com/bcbstx, or call 888.680.8646 as a convenient alternative for navigating non-emergency healthcare needs.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If concerns for COVID-19 are present during your medical assessment, the MDLIVE physician will help guide you to the appropriate level of care.
- All telehealth visits with MDLIVE or with your in-network provider are covered at 100% with no copay, deductible, or coinsurance for both the PPO and HDHP plans until further notice.
- Beginning March 1, 2020 for PPO Plan members and March 19, 2020 for HDHP members, all fees associated with utilizing MDLIVE are temporarily waived. Please note, due to the time involved with making this temporary modification to the plan, you may be required to initially pay when utilizing MDLIVE. This charge will be re-processed by Blue Cross Blue Shield to initiate a refund.
Baylor has partnered with CAPTRUST to provide you with independent financial advice for your Baylor Retirement Plan and Baylor 457b Plan account at no cost to you. To schedule a virtual one on one meeting with a CAPTRUST Participant Advisory Services (PAS) representative, please follow this link. Schedule an Appointment.
For additional appointment times and resources, please contact CAPTRUST at 800-967-9948 or visit them at www.captrustadvice.com.
TIAA serves Baylor University as the sole record-keeper for the Baylor Retirement Plan and Baylor 457(b) Plan. TIAA provides individual financial counselors to support plan participants at no cost. In addition, TIAA offers webinars for anyone who may be interested in becoming more financially savvy about planning for retirement. Call TIAA at 800.842.2252 or go to www.tiaa.org/baylor to schedule a meeting with a TIAA advisor. Webinars can be accessed at www.tiaa.org/webinars.
The Baylor Family Compassion Fund was created to help members of the Baylor Family in times of need. If you or someone you know needs assistance - Baylor faculty, staff, official retiree, or vendor partner - please direct them to the By-Laws and the Application for Assistance.