Update Your People
Change a Beneficiary
You may designate or update your life insurance beneficiary information by completing a beneficiary designation form. This form must be submitted
- By mail to Baylor University, Human Resources, One Bear Place 97053, Waco, TX 76798-7053 or,
- In person to Human Resources, Clifton Robinson Tower, 700 University Parks Drive, Suite 200.
Supplemental Retiree Term Life Premiums (as of January 1, 2018)
|$5,000 Term Life Benefit
|$10,000 Term Life Benefit
Add People to Your SmartBen Account
SmartBen People Manager
- To add a spouse or dependent, click the ‘Add a Spouse’ or ‘Add a Dependent’ button(s) in the ‘People Manager’
- Add their personal information, and click ‘Save.’
- Note: Adding a person in the ‘People Manager’ does not assign them to a benefits plan. This is completed later in the enrollment process on an individual plan basis.
- If you are electing Supplemental Term Life/AD&D coverage, click on ‘Beneficiary’ to add or change your beneficiary. Click ‘Save’ when you are finished.
- Note: Adding a beneficiary in the ‘People Manager’ does not assign a beneficiary percentage. This is completed later in the enrollment process.
- After you finish adding spouses, dependents, and/or beneficiaries to the ‘People Manager,’ click the button ‘Return to Lights’ to move forward in the enrollment process.