Baylor Retirement Plan
Baylor Retirement Plan - 403(b)
Baylor University, at its sole discretion, may provide a defined contribution to eligible participants. In addition, eligible participants may make voluntary contributions into the Plan on either a pre-tax or after-tax basis.
Full-time faculty and staff members who are at least 21 years of age, and have completed one year of service with an accredited college or university will be eligible to enroll into the Plan. Part-time faculty and staff members who are at least 21 years of age, and who have either worked the equivalent of 1,000 hours during their first year of employment with the university, or who have worked the equivalent of 1,000 hours during a subsequent calendar year will be eligible to enroll into the Plan.
403(b) Retirement Income Forms
If you are wanting to contribute into your retirement account, please complete the form below.
New Faculty and Staff Members
If you are at least 21 years of age, and have completed one year of service with an accredited college or university, you will be immediately eligible to enroll into the Plan. If you satisfy the age requirement, but have not satisfied the service requirement, then you will need to complete the Prior University Work Experience Form to receive partial credit towards the one year of service requirement.
How to Enroll
1. Plan Education
- Go to www.tiaa.org/baylor and review the Baylor Retirement Plan details. Learn about investment options, fees and eligibility requirements associated with the Baylor Retirement Plan. You are also encouraged to review the Baylor Retirement Plan Summary of Plan Provisions.
- Schedule an appointment with CAPTRUST to receive free, unbiased financial advice regarding your Baylor Retirement Plan investments choices.
2. Establish your account with TIAA at www.tiaa.org/baylor
- Click READY TO ENROLL
- For employee contributions, select the employee contribution (RCP) account.
- For Baylor employer contributions, select the employer contribution (RC) account.
- Make your investment elections and beneficiary designations. Please note, if you are establishing both employee and employer accounts you will need to make investment elections and beneficiary designations for both accounts.
- Contact TIAA at 800.842.2252 if you need assistance with establishing your retirement accounts.
3. Establish your personal retirement contribution elections
For employee contributions, complete the Baylor Retirement Plan Salary Reduction Agreement to elect how much you wish to have deducted from your pay.
Please Note: If you fail to establish your TIAA retirement account(s) prior to the funding of your first contribution, accounts will be established on your behalf and your funds will be placed in the plan default investment option which is the age appropriate Vanguard Target Retirement Fund. At that time, you can make changes to your investment elections and establish your beneficiary designations.
|Forms: Call 800.842.2776
Contacting a Financial Advisor
If you'd like to learn more about Pre-Tax vs. Roth contributions, then watch this Understanding The Roth Plan Option Presentation provided by CAPTRUST.
How to Request Withdrawals
You can begin the process of requesting a withdrawal by logging into your TIAA Account or by calling 800.842.2252.
Resources-Retirement Income Plan