EFFECTIVE OCT. 19 - DEC. 31:
Only new hires and employees with a qualifying life event will use SmartBen
to enroll in benefits for 2021. Beginning 2022 and moving forward, employees will use Benefitfocus to enroll in insurance related benefits.
In This Guide
Quick Facts about SmartBen™
- What is SmartBen™?
SmartBen™ is Baylor’s online benefits enrollment system.
- How do I access SmartBen™?
Faculty and staff can access SmartBen™ with their Bear ID and password on any device with an internet connection through www.baylor.edu/smartben 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits of the SmartBen™ System
- View your benefit information at your convenience
- Get a more holistic picture of your total income through easy-to-understand graphics
- Choose benefit elections using the integrated calculators in the system
Reasons to use SmartBen™ outside of Open Enrollment:
- You are a New Hire
- You experience a Life Event
If you have any RED Lights in SmartBen, you will need to turn those lights GREEN, by either electing or waiving coverage for that benefit option.
You will not be finished electing your benefits until you reach the "CONGRATULATIONS" page.
- SmartBen Login Tutorial
- Completing and Confirming your SmartBen Enrollment
- HDHP Enrollment
- PPO Enrollment
- Dental Enrollment